Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I Feel Like Mr. Rogers (Ms Rogers? Dr. Rogers?)

Anyhow, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Hot and a little humid, but a lovely rather gentle breeze and all the plants seem quite cheerful. I watered the annuals and the hydrangeas, which are starting to bloom, and the fuchsia, which drinks every day, especially in the heat. The last few days have been similar, and I've spent a lot of time painting and catching up with friends, having dinner with one or another almost every night since Jim's been at the c abin. The weather has been perfect for dining out at night and of course the food at the neighborhood restaurants up the street is all tres delicious!

I have a new flower painting, "Clematis," http://members.purespeed.com/~peo/flowers.html and several other smaller watercolors, including two mandalas and a geranium in a blue pot.

The weather reminds me of Crete weather, my pilgrimage with Carol Christ, and this poem:

Contemplating

My painting,
"Far Seeing Mermaid,"
I think of Crete,
Her mountains,
Her caves,
Her sacred spaces,
My companions and me,
Searching for the Goddess,
The Great Mother.
Reminds me that
In the end,
We found Her
Where she had always been-
Always is -
Inside ourselves, and
In the love between us.

Patricia E. Ortman

Far Seeing Mermaid: http://members.purespeed.com/~peo/icons.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home