Monday, August 29, 2005

Small Things

Jim went to the office Saturday to catch up and get ahead, while I drove around Southern Maryland looking for my friend Amanda's house in order to go to one of her and Sandy's son's first birthday party. Once I got there, I had a lovely time, but I sure did want to just give up and go home more than once. It was one of those occasions when a cell phone would have been handy, especially with the price of gas these days.

Jim brought a Vace's pizza home for dinner, and we had a quiet evening, followed by a quiet Sunday. He's studying for a security clearance exam he has to take for PRB this week, and I just couldn't tear myself away from "Small Island." Of course, we're watching the hurricane news, and I tried to call my friend Goodie, who lives in La Place, La., just northwest of New Orleans, this morning, but all the circuits are busy. I'm not really worried, as I know that she and her husband Jim know what to do and will take all precautions, and La Place isn't the worst place to be, but still....it would be good to know she's okay, so I guess I'll just keep trying periodically, and in the meantime, go about my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home