Saturday, February 03, 2007

Buried or Swamped...I Can't Tell

Girls Gotta Run has been taking up an enormous amount of my time since the new year started and I've been telling people I can't tell if I'm buried IN Girls Gotta Run administrivia or swamped BY Girls Gotta Run administrivia, but that is about all the bad news there is to it...all else is good.

We had our first Board meeting of the year a few days ago and celebrated the successes of our first year with champagne and "women's power" cookies that I had gotten the night before at a reception at the Sewall Belmont House for the women in Congress.

We completed our first Annual Report and it is on the website (http://www.girlsgottarun.org/). I've also sent out about a zillion messages letting people know of it and forwarding copies of it to some.

We have a new online "Store" with a large variety of both adult and children's clothing and other merchandise with our logo on it (and a sizing chart so it's easy to figure out what size).

We are registered with Guide Star and are completing an application for this year's local Catalog for Philanthropy, due February 15.

We've started making plans for exhibits for this year. One is scheduled for Smithville, New Jersey and another in the works for NYC.

So, I guess those would be highlights, but not all of it. For example, my wonderful webmistress and I have been busily revising and updating the GGRF website. So...one thing always seems to lead to another and at some point I'm going to have to just take a break and let things sit awhile because I just HAVE to do some painting!! !! :)

Which leads me to mention that my wonderful webmistress and I have also recently, for the first time in over a year, updated my painting site, Pat's Paintings (http://members.purespeed.com/~peo/). Check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home