Thursday, April 12, 2007

Back to the Mansion!

Jim was asked to serve on the Board of Directors for the Community Health Accreditation Program (http://www.chapinc.org/) and he attended his first Board meeting on Tuesday. The organization was having a dinner on Wednesday night to honor and say farewell to both a long time Board member and a long time staffer. It was to be held at The Mansion on O Street (http://www.omansion.com/about/) formerly, The O Street Mansion and before that H.H. Leonards.... the very place we got married! When he told them that, they told him to bring me.

Without telling me where it was, except for "some hotel" on O Street, he told me that I was invited and asked if I wanted to go. I said, sure, why not....I met him at his office at 5:45, we took a taxi over...I didn't exactly hear the address he gave the driver, but when the taxi turned the corner onto the street and asked what address we were looking for again, Jim said, 2020...and the dawn struck!! "Hey," I said, "isn't that where we got MARRIED!" "Why YES," he said, laughing his little trickster laugh.

It was very nice and exciting. We hadn't been back at all since the wedding in 1983 and it was only one house then. Now it is five interconnecting houses and very interesting to explore. They had a fabulous bar and both of the young women make excellent and very large cosmos...I know because I had two! Then, after we were all seated but before we ate dinner, H. H. herself talked a little about the place and asked if there were any questions. I told her we had gotten married there almost 25 years ago! And she gave us a coupon for a complimentary champagne Sunday brunch for two....I think we'll use it on May 27, which is the Sunday before our anniverary on the 29th. And maybe we'll have a party back there for our 25th anniversary next year. It's certainly a beautiful and fun place and the food is fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home