Thursday, June 16, 2005

Saving the Holly Bushes

So, I went out to trim back the holly bushes before going to Curves yesterday a.m. and, even though they were growing fast and looking luxuriant, I discovered those horrid little white powdery insects ("scales") had come back again this year and the bushes were starting to drop some of their lower leaves. Having painstakingly sprayed the underside of every leaf of every bush - 7 - for two years in a row a few years back and been convinced I had gotten rid of the insects once and for all, I was really annoyed, to say the least. I cut off a branch, brought it over to Johnson's Garden Supply and asked them for the big guns - no more missus nice guy, here! They gave me an insecticide that you mix with water and put into the root system of the bushes, so I spent the rest of the afternoon trimming and pouring and mulching and cleaning up the back yard. My poor little fingers are paying for it today, but hopefully so will the nasty old insects.

On a brighter note, Sister Little (Katy) arrives this evening! We're looking forward to having lots of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home