Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Death of the Heart

Upon the recommendation last month of one of the W. Post's book reviewers, Jonathan Yardley, I checked out "The Death of the Heart" by Elizabeth Bowen from our library and took it with us to the cabin, where I got a start reading it. I didn't get to finish until yesterday, between continued "step 'n fetch it" for the Goofy One, who is still sick, and general household activities - laundry, cleaning, watering plants, etc. I also ran over to Curves because, due to setting up my exhibit at Bread and Chocolate on Monday, I had only gotten in two workouts during the week. In any event, I finished it yesterday and it was as good as he - and I guess virtually all other reviewers at the time - 1939 - said it is. I can't find his review, not sure why, but you can find several on Amazon, as well as read the first few pages, if you Google the title of the book.

I also started, but lost interest in, "Snow" by the Turkish writer Orhan Pamuk, though I'm sure it has more to do with where my head is than the book, which is as well written as the reviewers say (http://www.complete-review.com/reviews/pamuko/snow.htm).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home