Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sister Talk

Katy called yesterday morning to tell me the painting of Charley Lauren had arrived. She and Mom, who had gotten back from several weeks at Aunt Susie's in Kentucky (as well as the "Sister Trip" which this year included their only brother) a couple of days earlier, were sitting at the table drinking coffee and admiring it. She's going to have a birthday party for C.L. next week and surprise her. Although it took us about an hour to catch up with news of each other's lives, for the life of me, I can barely remember the specifics of what we discussed! Though I'm glad I mentioned I had included a cow calendar and little stuffed cow for her in there because evidently they were both still in the box, which had been consigned to the basement next to the furnace for burning. She retrieved them and quickly perused the calendar before we hung up. She thought it was as funny as I did when I saw it at the chicken place. Her favorite might also have been Sacowjawea...."She Who Stands With Chickens."...rowing her canoe....a real moosance.

This morning I called Carey to see how she was doing and to tell her that Jim and I had had dinner last night with Ann and Jack...and with one thing and another....I called about 12 (10 her time), figuring she would be up but not out of the house yet...we didn't get off the phone until about 1:15. Probably because it just happened I can remember more of the specifics of the conversation, but the biggest news from her, besides she's continuing to feel/do better, is that she was offered the principalship of St. Jude's on a permanent basis after her old boss, Theresa, proffered her resignation this past week. She was pretty excited and proud of herself. Me, too, though not at all surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home