Monday, March 05, 2007

The Heights and the Depths

Last Tuesday, the 27th, was a great day for all of us "girls." An old friend and former student came in to town and came over with another friend of hers to go to lunch with me. At lunch she wrote out a$300.00 check for the girls...Before we went to lunch, I had given her friend a tour of Gallery 3715 here. She fell in love with my little watercolor pepper painting and bought it on the spot.

After they left, a friend and neighbor came over to see the "portrait" I had just completed of her little boy Bruno's (Designer Italian baby) shoes...and she bought it!! More money for "the girls." I don't even have a picture of it yet...in fact, I hadn't even signed it...

That was the high point of the week. Friday afternoon I came down with food poisoning, so that pretty much took care of the week-end for Jim and me. He was an excellent nurse, though, and it wasn't all bad just lying around, after the vomiting and diarrhea were finally over late Friday night, all week-end resting, sleeping, trying to eat and figure out what sounded good, watching endless amounts of television. By late yesterday afternoon, I felt well enough to take my car over to drop it off to get the windshield wipers fixed today. Jim picked me up and on the way home, we stopped at El Tamarindo for a bite of dinner. All I could eat was the little pupusa, but it was delicious and hit the spot entirely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home