Friday, April 20, 2007

A Bit Dazed by it All

So, the week has been a little overwhelming, starting with Monday when I wasn't feeling good anyhow... a fibromyalgia "flare up," probably due to our strenous week-end. I was unable to do much except stay glued to the television while they broadcast the terrible events at Virginia Tech. And I was bummed that I didn't feel well enough to make that night's reception for the publication of the Handbook for Achieving Gender Equity through Education. Didn't feel much better on Tuesday. Managed to go to Curves, but realized I was in need of a massage, so Wednesday made an appointment and finally got one yesterday afternoon. I feel physically better, but my mind was still coping with the Imus fiasco and the ongoing Blacksburg news, when the news that the Supreme Court had upheld the partial birth abortion ban came out yesterday. UFB.

On the plus side, for me anyhow, several painting opportunities arose this week. It looks like I will have a few portraits to do, one of a couple of neighborhood children for the woman that bought the half price portrait I offered at the Murch auction; a portrait of the Sewall Belmont House for a fundraising raffle for the House in June; and a portrait of my nephew Andrew's daughter Hannah's hockey skates for "the Girls."

Tonight Jim and I are going to hear The Stringdusters at Jammin' Java in Vienna, Va.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home