Wednesday, October 19, 2005

(Even) Life in the Slow Lane,

where I try to live these days, goes by too quickly. With a bottle of great Merlot and a lot to talk about, Anja and the girls kept me at their house last night until a little after nine. When I got home, I checked the answering machine and found what I was hoping for: a message from the Goofy One that he had arrived safely and was in the hotel, so I called back and left him a message, presuming he was out at dinner, checked my email, got ready for bed and fell asleep shortly after (or was it during?) Law and Order, SVU and, probably because of all the wine, slept until after 8 this morning, by which time I already felt late! I'm usually done reading the paper, doing the crossword, and eating breakfast by then, so all I have to do is check email before Curves or whatever. But this morning, after doing all of that and talking to the Goofy One on the phone, it was already 11 by the time I hit Curves and almost 12:30 before I got home to grab a bite of lunch. Then I cruised over to Old Town to pick up the IRIS prints of "Equity Rules: Be Fair, Be Fair, Be Fair." I will hand title, sign, number and date each one of the 108 original prints and then next week bring them over to Sue at the Feminist Majority Fund where they are readying the website to post them. Got back about 2:30, had a snack, did a couple of errands and it's already almost 4 o'clock! I met Kathleen as I was coming back and we decided to go up the street for dinner tonight, about 6, and I'm feeling zonked so will rest, have another snack, catch the news, and see if I'm up for accomplishing anything else today or not, before we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home