Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Good News, Bad News

I got my flu shot this morning, up at the Safeway. It took three hours, as even arriving 20 minutes early, I was already number 35 in line, the team showed up late, with only one nurse to give the shots, it took forever for them to set up, and the amount of monkey business involved with giving each one ran to about five minutes each. But to my way of thinking, three hours of standing in line waiting for the shot is still better than three hours of the flu, so I'm assuming it will pay off.

It's been raining again. Now it won't stop. At least I no longer have to incessantly water the yard and garden plants and trees. But the humidity and barometric pressure changes keep giving me sinus headaches. Sometimes various medicine combos work and sometimes they don't. Today, nothing seems to be working very well. But I have another good book, Morningside Heights by the author of Home Comforts, and I've already put together a tuna casserole for dinner, so I can just take a long, hot shower, read and maybe fall asleep, and maybe that will help. We have a big night planned. After dinner, we are visiting a couple of our local hardware stores. I hope my heart can take the excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home