Wednesday, April 19, 2006

From an Email Letter to My Mom

Had a busy day. Went to Curves with my friend Marianna, who says she wouldn't have made it today if I hadn't called to get her going.

Than I ran around downtown on a gallery research expedition: The Warehouse Theater Gallery (http://www.warehousetheater.com/), the Parker Gallery at Mickelson's Fine Art (http://www.mickelsonsframingparkergallery.com/), and the Arts Club of Washington (http://artsclubofwashington.org/). We are having the second Shoe Art Exhibit/Sale/Auction for the Ethiopian girls fundraising effort at the Warehouse Theater Gallery but I had never seen it so I wanted to check it out. It's a very cool space. While I was downtown, I thought I would check out a couple other places/exhibits I had a bit of interest in, so I made a day of it. The exhibit at the Parker was work by the artist who is featured on the cover of a book my friend and neighbor, Mary Kay Zuravleff, has a story in.. It's called "Grace and Gravity" and the original art is for sale there. Eric Westbrook has in exhibit at the Arts Club, and I wanted to see both the space and his acrylic landscapes.

Stopped and filled my tummy about 2:30 on my way home at the new place by the Van Ness Subway, food by the pound. It is surprisingly good, and I like picking a little of a lot of different things to chomp on and take just exactly as much as I really want.

For the last couple of days, I've been working on the portrait of Thomas and Taylor, and it's coming along very nicely. I was glad to be able to get a lot of time to put in on it. But now I'm kind of pooped, so I'll shower and rest and maybe work later or maybe just get back to it tomorrow.

Jim has a board dinner tonight so I don't even need to worry about making dinner...although I'll probably want a little something else later...hmmm.. maybe just some cheerios tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home