Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's a Rough Life

Yesterday when I called Marianna to see if she was ready to go to Curves, Armando answered and said that they had gotten home really late from Ricky's graduation week-end in Michigan the night before and that "every bone" in Marianna's body ached, so she didn't think she would be able to make it. As it happened, I had been feeling pretty aged most of the week-end, too, not exactly sure why, and had been a little ambivalent about going myself, was thinking maybe changing the week's schedule, as I sometimes do, to TTHS, instead of MWF.

So Marianna got on the phone and said, "Hey, meet me in the hot tub at noon and we'll have a good soak, instead." I eventually decided to do that, getting over there more like 1 p.m., and ended up not only having a great "soak," but also a GREAT lunch. They were cooking out, the weather could not possibly have been any more beautiful, and they had a friend of Ricky's and Ricky's girlfriend with them (they had given her a ride to D.C. as she was starting a summer job working on a political campaign). So we sat on their back deck at the table under the umbrella and chomped on Turkish chorizo, salad, corn on the cob, potatoes - both baked on the grill - steak and strawberries, and drank a GREAT bottle of merlot. After Pat, Ricky's friend, left and Armando took Ricky's girlfriend back to her new job, Marianna and I sat and chatted for another hour or so before I headed home about 3:30 to make chili for dinner.

I could barely bring myself to tell the Goofy One what I had done, since he didn't get to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home