Friday, June 09, 2006

Resting, Recuperating, Reconnoitering

After pushing it yesterday, including going to Curves with Marianna in the morning, I woke up this morning knowing I needed to try to take it a little easier today. As it was a beautiful morning, I first replanted a few marigolds and then walked over to Marie's to give her a check for her expenses for the breast cancer notecards we did for Jennifer's Komen benefit and to say good-bye. She leaves on Sunday with her boys to England and won't be back until the day before Carey, Sarah and I leave for Wisconsin. When I left, I took some packages she needed to get mailed to do that for her later in the day. Went home, had a bite to eat, did some GGR and web work, and then went up to the post office.

Marianna really liked the painting of Ricky, which she came in to see for the first time after we got back from Curves yesterday, but she noted a slight problem with his mouth, so I contemplated the changes I need to make for that; and Anja delivered some photos of the girls' shoes we had taken last night that Bill had printed out on his color printer today, but nothing seems quite right. I keep thinking of those little flip flops in front of the tent in their back yard. I think I need to get a copy of that photo. It might be the one I need to paint. We'll see. But I was too fatigued to actually pick up a brush today anyhow. I actually did manage to take a short nap this afternoon, only waking up, I think, because it thunderstormed for awhile again.

This week-end an old friend of mine from high school will be in town with some of her family to celebrate a nephew's birthday, so I will meet up with her/them either tomorrow afternoon and/or Sunday. But tonight, it will be early to bed and, I hope, to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home