Thursday, September 07, 2006

What a Great Night!

I had a ball! Around 200 people attended our opening reception for the kick off Girls Gotta Run fundraising shoe art exhibit and sale at the Sewall Belmont House last evening. Attendees exclaimed about the lovely art, the beautiful House, and the delicious Ethiopian food and wine. Voice of America came, interviewed me and then taped our remarks during a short program. Amy Conroy, the House’s Director, spoke first, then me, then Sarah Newhall, the Director of PACT, and then I made some final remarks. I have no idea what I said.

Even so, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We sold several of the artworks and got an additional few hundred dollars in donations, so are very happy with the amount of money generated by the event. We haven’t counted the income from t-shirts and note cards yet. Several people took pictures, and we will have some on the website as soon as possible. So it looks like GGRF is off to a good start.

Jim and I will head up to the cabin sometime this week end for a few days of rest and recreation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home