Friday, December 28, 2007

December 29 Coming Up

A few days ago, after I sent off the check to The Tesfa Foundation to buy shoes for the girls on Team Tesfa (in time for the holidays and their first race), I thought how symbolic it was to be able to do so at this point in time....because I had read the article that inspired me/Girls Gotta Run shortly after Christmas in 2005. It seemed a poetically nice circle of events, starting and coming to first fruition during the holiday season. Curious as to the exact date, I checked back and discovered to my surprise that it was December 29....which hadn't struck me at the time, but when I saw it again, in retrospect, I was a little like....Wow! That date again! So significant...!
It's always seemed to be, for me, the start of something really good.

December 29 is the day my mother delivered my first baby sister, Carey, the longed for baby and sister.... the one, after what seemed like a never ending series of foster babies we had for my whole young life, babies we loved and had to let go, we could keep. And...very nice mommy gave me two more babies, a brother, Charles, and another sister, Katy.

December 29 is the day my mother-in-law delivered my husband. I always felt that fact rather confirmed that he was meant for me. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in May.

So to have discovered that December 29 was the day the W. Post printed the article that was the impetus for Girls Gotta Run...well...like...Wow. That's just way too cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home