Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Free Checking and Cosmic Synchronicity

I was going to go to the Chevy Chase bank to open a Girls Gotta Run checking account this a.m., the kind that required no minimum balance but charged $6.00 a month. But on our way home from Curves Marianna told me not to, that Wachovia had free accounts for non-profits. Knowing what I know about banks, I was skeptical, but told her I would check it out before I took action at Chevy Chase. She dropped me off, I got something to eat, got ready to shower....Marianna called. She had gone straight over to Wachovia to doublecheck her understanding and she was sure.

So, I thought I may as well stop in there and if it were true, then I would open the account there. I doublechecked with Kathleen to see if it would still be okay to use the $100 she gave me last night to open it if it were. Yes...so I called Wachovia. Talked to Bersabah...she said, yes, it's true. Come on down....

She was lovely, helpful, really interested..knew Ethiopian artists, would recruit, would call people.....was going to come to the opening herself...we were all done. I asked what was the origin of her lovely name. "Why," she said, "It's Ethiopian...didn't I tell you?!?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home