Thursday, December 28, 2006

Live and Become

Mom and Charles left about 8 yesterday morning. Jim , Charles and I had gone to White Marsh the evening before to visit with the kids and take them to dinner at the Double T Diner. After tidying up the house, doing laundry, I had some errands. It was beautiful out again, after a rainy couple of days, so I decided to walk up the street. Then I remembered that I had wanted to see "Live and Become" while it was at the Avalon, so I stopped for a bowl of French onion soup at Bread and Chocolate and then caught the 2 p.m. matinee. It's a wonderful movie:

"The magnificent, epic story of an Ethiopian boy who is airlifted from a Sudanese refugee camp to Israel in 1984 during Operation Moses. Shlomo is plagued by two big secrets: He is neither a Jew nor an orphan, just an African boy who survived and wants, somehow, to fulfill his Ethiopian mother’s parting request that he “go, live, and become.” Buoyed by a profound and unfaltering motherly love – both in his memory and in the arms of his adoptive mother – he ultimately finds an identity and a happiness all his own. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home