Sunday, May 29, 2005

It's Been a Very Challenging Week-end So Far

Although we are usually up by around 6 or 6:30, yesterday Jim and I slept until almost 8 a.m. Then we read the paper, ate breakfast, talked to my mother and sisters on the phone and took a nap. After lunch and the strain of doing dishes and a load of laundry, dustmopping the bedroom, and a quick trip to the Safeway, we had a huge bowl of popcorn and, while reading, I fell asleep again. Jim stayed awake but fell asleep about 5, so I had to wake him up to take me out to El Tamarindo for dinner. I didn't watch tv and read very long after we got home before I conked out again, although he managed to stay awake to play around on the computer for awhile.

The weather has been beautiful and since I seem to be able to stay awake today, after the paper and an apple pancake and (healthy, low fat) sausage breakfast this morning, I took a walk around the neighborhood and chatted with a couple of neighbors who were outside enjoying the day. When I got back we puttied in the holes on the deck chairs his father made for us but that we need to paint. We have to let it dry before we can sand and then paint, so we plan to do that this afternoon. We'll see if we can stay awake. I'm going to set the alarm for 4:30, so in case we don't, at least we won't miss our anniversary dinner at La Miche.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home