Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Waiting for....

Carey and Sarah, who will be here Friday evening. They are getting on the train today for NYC and will arrive there on Thursday afternoon. Carey's doctor appointments are Friday mid-day and they will catch a late afternoon train out of there for here, arriving about 7:30 or so, barring any glitches. Of course, I'm a little worried about someone blowing it up, but I'm going to keep a good thought. Cousin Shelley is going to meet them in NY to visit and be with Sarah while Carey is in her appointments.

Sister Little, her family and the Mother of Us All are winging their way to Alaska today. They will get there in the middle of the night, pick up their rented house on wheels and sleep there tonight before heading up to Auntie Peggy's and their big adventures tomorrow. I assured S.L. on Saturday that with almost two weeks there, I believed they could do virtually everything major and probably most minor things there were to do. There are, after all, only four major roads in the state.

I heard through the grapevine that Dylan had returned to Ashland from his visit with his mother in Maryland, and that Charley Lauren already had and lost, due to being underage, a job, but that she has a couple of other options she is considering. Haven't talked to the brothers lately, so must do that soon. Charles was supposed to come out to pick Dylan up and help us with a couple of things around here, but it seems he's sick of driving (imagine that), so Dylan flew home. And we all heard from Holly, Andrew's wife, that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, he will be getting back from Iraq much earlier than originally anticipated - the end of October instead of the end of March. Whoo Hoo!

The pace around here continues to be fairly leisurely, though there is some excitement on the Street as the city is digging it up to replace the lead water pipes. The Goofy One and I were happy that our pipe from the main line to our house was already copper, so we don't have to have ours replaced. That means they won't be ruining our front yard. But I've been working steadily, if slowly, and have recently finished three small paintings, none of which I have photos of yet. Am ready to get started on my next bigger one, a new flower painting, but feeling a little fatigued today, probably from working in the back yard yesterday, so not rushing into it.

Instead, there was an article in the paper this a.m. about weblogs devoted to aging (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/health/), so I spent some time surfing around, checking things out and following up interesting leads. Then I finished "Murder at the National Gallery," returned it and reconnoitered the library awhile, got some groceries and stopped at a neighbor's house to get one more signature on the block party petition for September and chat a bit. She just returned from a cruise with her entire family to Costa Rica and was still revved up about all the exciting things they did. She's recovering from lung cancer surgery, so it was good to see her looking and sounding so good.

When I checked my email, and for some reason my website, this afternoon, I saw that my wonderful friend and adopted daughter Kay had recently added the newest pictures I have to my website (http://members.purespeed.com/~peo/). Thank you, dear! She just got back from a trip, too, and I imagine there will be all kinds of interesting new photos on her site soon (http://kaykeys.net/).

In a continuation of the action packed days before Carey and Sarah arrive, tonight Jim and I will drop off the 240 SX at Bethesda Imports so tomorrow they can change the oil and do what else needs doing annually, so it's in good shape for running around when they get here. Sarah has her list of favorite activities we MUST do, including a day trip to Mount Vernon, so things must be in good working order. I imagine tomorrow I will have recouped energy and desire, so will spend the day painting, a most pleasant way to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home